– Use: Kakuri Tanryu is the premium chisel used for musical instrument making, furniture making, and carpentry.
– Material: These professional-grade chisels are made from high-carbon steel (blue paper No. 2) laminated to low-carbon backing steel.
– Blade Width: 24 mm.
– Length: The overall length is approximately 210 mm (8.26″), Blade length is 65 mm / 2.55”.
– Hardness: They harden to more than HRC 63 so they will maintain a sharp edge for much longer than a western equivalent chisel.
– Handle: They feature red oak handles fitted with steel rings finished with a top of ready-to-use mushrooms.