Skip to content
Kakuri Tanryu Wood Chisel Set – 6 pcs.
Out of stock
- Set of Tanryu chisels.
- It is a winner of the 2006 Good Design Award.
- The blades are sharp and ready for use.
- The tradition of Japanese chisels goes back more than 1000 years. Its technique and construction is very old and today it is a protected art. As in the manufacture of swords, a high degree of perfection has been achieved over the centuries. Because of this, these chisels have the advantage of lasting a long time without resorting to alloys. This provides a very high quality metal and a great hardness, superior to the blades of the western chisels. The secret of that quality lies in the type of steel and its treatment.
- Size of the paulownia wooden box: width 270 × long 247 × high 50 mm.
- Blade: Hitachi knife steel (blue paper No. 2), multilayer steel lingot.
- Handle: Red Oak.
- Width of the blades: 6, 12, 19, 25, 32, 38 mm.
- Length of the blade 65 mm
- Total length 210 mm.
- Blade thickness 7 mm.
- Made in Japan.