- Engelmann spruce is an amazingly strong, light and flexible wood which is prized by guitar makers for its stiffness-to-weight ratio. It also has beautiful colour and grain. The trees selected for this wood are large enough to produce fine concert guitars.
- A Grade: A Grade soundboards are allowed more defects than the above grades will. These boards are sound and very usable but are less cosmetically pleasing than the higher grades. Most often used as a “paint grade” where visual defects will not be seen.
- Often used as an alternative to German spruce, Engelmann spruce has uniform color, tight grain, and great sound projection.
- Set of two halves included.
- Each half is approximately 560mm x 223mm.
- Thickness = 5mm.